Tuesday, January 24, 2012

our wedding



i realized today i never even posted about our wedding! in my humble opinion, it was seriously awesome. when i was planning, i was so concerned about making it cute and having a bunch of little details. while i was happy with how all the aesthetics turned out, i hardly even noticed the details, never saw the appetizers [but heard they were yummy], and never got a cute striped straw! the main thing i remember from our wedding was how i felt. i literally felt like the LUCKIEST girl in the whole wide world. there i was, marrying a man BETTER than the man of my dreams, surrounded by all of my best friends, and in the company of all the people who were so close to us. i'm serious, people. best. day. ever. i was not even nervous... well maybe a little... i did throw up in the morning, but after that i was totally fine. i had absolutely NO doubts that this was the man i wanted to spend my forever with [and i still don't!].

some mental snapshots i took during the day: my brothers coming up to me before the wedding and telling me i looked beautiful. my dad wobbling with me down the aisle in his big boot... i think a lot of our pics have his crutches on the bushes haha. when i saw james, i didn't notice anyone else. i just saw him and his eyes tearing up, he was trying to hard to keep it together. taking communion with james and praying about our marriage and thanking God for bringin us together. after the ceremony, my brothers coming up to james and saying, "hug us brother!". taking pictures, and james carrying me around the fields because i could not walk well in my huge dress and heels. the mexian abuelita serving beans and then coming out and talking with all our guests... seriously awesome. dancing the night away with our best friends and family. the awesome toasts made by stephen, ellen, and my dad. my dad read a poem a wrote when i was eight! cookie dough cupcakes. looking at my mom and feeling like all our hard work [and trust me it took wayy more people than just us] paid off. having my bridesmaids strip off the big skirt from my dress so it was just a little cocktail dress and feeling like i could breathe again. seeing james wearing that ring on his finger and think, "that fine man is all MINE!!!"




2 comments:

Bailey said...

I loved this post :)

Unknown said...

It's good you recounted your memories from the night. Better late than never as they say. That reminds me that I need to post holiday pics still...