Thursday, February 26, 2009

toothbrushes



in my bible study and dicipleship (no idea how to spell that) we have been learning about what it means to be a woman of God. i've really enjoyed this, and while i have a long way to go, i know that i can trust God to mold me into the woman he wants me to be. probably the weirdest thing about this is realizing that i'm not really a "girl" anymore. i can be, trust me, i have my share of immature moments daily, but gradually i am becoming more of a woman and less of a girl. growing up. creepy.
anyway, the other night, me and a bunch of my friends got together for a girl's night, and we made those toothbrush bracelets. basically, after an hour of plucking out the bristles and then boiling them in a pot of water and taking them out and trying to bend them so they stayed on our wrists, they became deformed bent plastic things that still didn't stay on our wrists (wait for it, i'll tie it back in). i put the toothbrush in the water and took it out at least 20 times trying to bend it into a bracelet, but that stubborn little thing did not want to be a bracelet! now here is where i tie it back in. a lot of times, i resist God trying to make me the person he wants me to be. i know that his plan for me is so much better than any plan i could make for myself, but i am still a stubborn little toothbrush. so lately i have been trying to relinquish control and let God bend me into whatever he wants me to be. it's not easy, but in the end, i will be the prettiest bracelet (or whatever, maybe i am taking the analogy too far) there ever was.
p.s. who says i am bad at uptdating my blog?? second time this week, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Mark Justin Josephs said...

sooo cute. keep it up. blog like crazy....

Anonymous said...

I love this! You are a gorgeous toothbrush bracelet and I am honored to be a toothbrush with you! =)