Thursday, July 16, 2009

looking ahead

i am repainting my room! when i find my camera among all my crap, i will take pictures and put them up. but basically it is cream on top, teal on the bottom, and has a purple stripe in the middle. pretty cute, if i do say so myself. i just have to do one more coat of teal and then it will be ready to move back in! it was weird, though, i felt strangely sad covering up my light purple walls. that purple has seen me through a lot since eighth grade, and i was sad to see it go. it saw me through my first boyfriend, staying up late to do homework, sleepovers with my girlfriends, graduation, and everything in between. so while i was getting all nostalgic, my mom came in and said, "you're finally going to have a grown up room!". and that's when i realized that God has so much in store for me and my future, but if i am still looking back and trying to hold on to what i know, i will never be able to have new fun adventures he has planned for me. i don't know how i got all that from just painting my room, but i did. i know that with God, i can be excited about growing up and becoming more independent rather than being scared.

in other news, i saw harry potter 6 and i thought it was the best harry movie yet. if you enjoy it for what it is, and don't expect it to be exctly like the book, it is funny, entertaining, and not exactly like the book, but it stuck to the main ideas. however, i think it could be kind of confusing for people who have not read the books before because it goes kind of fast.

that's all for now, i'm working today at my friend's parents' office, so i am glad to be making a little money, and i am excited for neille to come back from australia on tuesday!!

No comments: