Tuesday, November 29, 2011

a quick break.

so my last dead week is upon us. on schedule, my heart feels like it has an elephant sitting on it. but i know it will all get done and i will be done with college FINALLY!

i am in the process of making a wreath, i hope it turns out nice. when i finish and IF i like it, i might post a picture of it.

my brother is in town for a few days and it's really nice to have him around. i just saw my whole family this weekend, but it is different hanging with my family members one-on-one than it is to hang out with them all together. i feel like i get a better insight into their lives when they are alone, especially paul. we rented super 8, ate at panera, the habit, jamba, and taco roco. us dlr's are nothing if not good eaters. having paul here reminds me that i can still be close to my brothers even when we are far away. i think i am starting to accept that our relationship is going to be different now [it has been for a while but i was just angry about it], but not everything has to change. we can still joke around and know exactly what we are talking about when commiserating about parents [they're amazing, but you know how it is sometimes]. i still know when he is lying and what kind of clothes he likes. we are becoming grown-up versions of ourselves, and now we are getting used to the grown-up version of our relationship. it's good.

i am making headway on christmas shopping, but will probably put that all on hold until my finals are over.

okay back to my text set assignment!

No comments: