Friday, January 7, 2011

new.

for me, the new year is a great time for me to reflect on grace [well there is never really a bad time to reflect on it].

yes, 2010 was wonderful. i grew and laughed and learned and played. but with anything, i made a lot of mistakes. i hurt people, was lazy, and ignored God at times. it sucks, but i am human and that is just the way it is. sometimes it is too easy for me to focus on what i have done wrong, rather than what God has allowed me to accomplish and all the blessings i have been given.

the Lord has made me new and every day i am thankful for the grace Jesus has shown me through his unchanging love for me, and through the people He has put in my life.

i also believe the Lord is teaching me to give myself grace. we are human. we fail. and i am definitely not an exception. but every day the Lord of the universe forgives me and keeps loving me with a love i can never fully understand. so i should be able to forgive myself for the mistakes i've made, learn from them, and move on.

here's to grace. and Jesus. and love. and new beginnings. but mostly Jesus.

No comments: