Sunday, January 2, 2011

word of the year.

no pictures yet, as james has custody of cameron at the moment. but soon.

so i was thinking about what i wanted this year to be, and how i wanted to change. i'm not big on new year's resolutions, but i do think the new year is a great time to reflect on where i have been and where i want to go.

so this year my word is intention.

i will strive to be...

intentional in my relationships with my friends, james, and my family. i want to pursue them and care for them without seeking anything for myself. oh how rarely i use relationships solely as a way to care for the other person. i think of myself and how i can be benefited far too often.

intentional in school. i have been given this opportunity and i am going to act like i like it; put my full efforts into it. maybe i will end up enjoying it yet.

intentional in my relationship with the Lord and making Him the first priority in my life once more. if i am not moving forward with Him, then i am moving backwards, and it seems like i have been in a backslide for a while. i know He will help me to end that this year.

i have a tendency to sit back and wait for things to happen, but this year i know the Lord will enable me to act with intention, and that my life will be so much better with His purpose and will propelling me.

happy new year. i pray that this will be a year of learning, joy, and peace for all of us.

No comments: